Pegasus mail to Gw5.5.1

John Whitehorn John.Whitehorn at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 2 14:24:25 UTC 1999

I'm just about to build a 20000+ user GW 5.5 system and have it
will have the following:
Server1 = Compaq 1600 dual 400 cpus 1Gb Ram 9Gb disk
mirrored. Running Domain, MTA, GWIA, Webagent and Netscape
enterprise Web server
Servers2 thru 9 = Compaq 3000 dual 400 cpus, 512Mb Ram
5*18Gb disks Raid5, 30Gb for PO store. Running PO, plus User
home directories.

users will be spread over servers approx 2500 per box. BUT as
Novell states its CONCURRENT users not total in PO, with only
6000 PCs on campus, unless they all login to one PO, the max
should be just over 900, stats on current NetWare logins show this
figure more like 200 users per PO at peak times.

The per user is difficult, if a lot of internal mailing lists are in use,
as with out current Pegasus, the single copy in the message store
will be a saving.

I intend to use C/S only!

   John

John Whitehorn                 Email: John.Whitehorn at nottingham.ac.uk
Micro-Computer Development     Tel:   +44 115 951 3392
Academic Computing Services
Information Services Directorate
The University of Nottingham, UK