Native internet addressing

Robert Denbeigh denbeighr at anco.demon.co.uk
Tue May 4 14:35:20 UTC 1999

We moved from 5.2 to 5.5 and went to native internet addressing at the
same time.  No problems at all.

I left the internet domain as it was for a while and then deleted it.
Overall, I have found this style addressing much easier if anything.

Not sure about secondary domains though.

Hope this helps.

>>> "Jeff R. Miller" <JRM at hartcrowser.com> 30/04/1999 20:02:54 >>>
Relax, I haven't done it yet.  I just want to ask about it, based on
some of your experiences.

I'm in the process of researching how to, and what if.  I haven't found
the info yet on how to turn it on, but I found a TID stating that if I
still have 5.2 clients, I have to leave it off.  Is that true?  What
about a secondary domain/PO that is still 4.1?  Will it screw them up as
well?

Ok, I'm assuming those statements are correct.  Once I have everyone on
5.5, is it easy to turn it on?  What steps should I take to prevent any
problems?