[ngw] 5.1 SP2

Mick Davey Mick.Davey at bsi-global.com
Fri Dec 8 14:25:49 UTC 2000

Just got around to opening the two mails copied below. Haven't checked out the TID yet tho...

Mick.
―-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

We are now advising sites that have not yet implemented these support packs to postpone their deployment until further notice.

Regards
Alan

______________________________
Alan Jasper
Manager, Novell Consulting
ajasper at novell.com
This message was sent by GroupWise 5.5 running on NetWare 5.1
Directory-enabled network solutions from Novell
―-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is now a TID posted on support.novell.com:

http://support.novell.de/cgi-bin/search/tidfinder.cgi?10059002

I have passed on the comments about a 2--> 2A migration

Mick Davey
Snr Infrastructure Engineer
British Standards Institution
mick.davey at bsi-global.com
+44 (0)20 8996 7868

>>> John.Whitehorn 08/12/2000 7:15:54 AM >>>
A suggestion to Novell, please, for all those of us who put SP2 in, make sure the replacement 2A(I hope) also has a 2 to 2A upgrade path.

―-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> trodgers at ducks.org 08/12/00 14:08:33 >>>
Hmm....that's odd.  After we installed it, WebAccess started working for a change....

Thanks,
Todd Rodgers
CCNA, MCSE, CNA-4, Groupwise CNA-5, MCP, MCP+I
Manager of Network Operations
trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.

>>> Mick.Davey at bsi-global.com 12/08/00 08:05AM >>>
The latest word from Novell UK is 'do not install SP2'. No clear
information as to what the problem(s) are but they are serious enough to
pull it.

Mick.

>>> trodgers at ducks.org 08/12/00 13:41:29 >>>
We installed it and it solved a lot of problems for us, especially with
GW

trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.

>>> aaron at academy.tamu.edu 12/07/00 11:16PM >>>
Somebody told me that SP2 had been pulled and at a quick glance, I did
not see it.  So if somebody has it but has not implemented it yet, you
might want to wait.

Aaron

BSI's new website has been launched, and can be found at
http://www.bsi-global.com.

Please also note that BSI's e-mail address has changed to
firstname.lastname at bsi-global.com
- so please update your address books.

This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material.  This email is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.  If you receive this email
by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the
reply facility in your email software.

Thank you for your cooperation.