[ngw] Primary Domain Move

Richard Freeman Freeman.Richard at NMNH.SI.EDU
Fri Jul 21 20:01:17 UTC 2000

FYI - if you NCOPY - then you need to use the Novell Utility TCOPY after
NCOPY.  This copies the trustee rights and is very fast.  Same format as
NCOPY.

Richard A. Freeman - ADP Program, NMNH, SI
Freeman.Richard at NMNH.SI.EDU
phone 202-357-1955  fax 202-357-4115

>>> "Betty Watson" <tcwatsb at tc.cc.va.us> 07/21/2000 1:44:51 PM >>>
Move everything. Use backup and restore as this will maintain the trustee
assignments.  I don't thnk NCOPY copies the trustee assignments.  Swap IP
addresses, so the domain, post offices, etc. keep the same IP address.
Reboot both servers.  Then follow the instructions in the TID for editing
config files and paths. Be sure and check the Link Configuration as well.

I've never deleted/recreated the gateway when I moved a domain, but the TID
recommends it, so probably that's what you should do.

Good luck.

--Printed on 100% recycled electrons...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Betty  A. Watson
CNE-INW  CNE-NW5
LAN Administrator
Chesapeake Campus
Groupwise Administrator
Tidewater Community College
757-822-5216
 tcwatsb at tc.cc.va.us

>>> "Jim Lombardo" <jlombard at acp.org> 07/21 9:45 AM >>>
Hello,

I'm sure we covered this before but....
This weekend I'm moving my Primary 5.2.5 GW domain/async/gwia system to a
new server. I've read TID 10008433 and am unclear about a couple of
things.
I know I have to delete all gateways under this domain and reinstall. My
question is, do I move the domain structure to the new server first or do
delete the gateways while they are on the old server, then move and
reinstall.

TIA

Jim Lombardo
Network Administrator