[ngw] GW 5.5 & NW 5 sp5

Slava Madrit smadrit at salans.com
Fri Jul 21 20:20:57 UTC 2000

Thanks for the info...

Slava Madrit

>>> "tom.kustner at emjay.com" 07/21/00 03:54PM >>>
Keith,

Good to hear.  There have been multiple complaints showing up in the
Novell forums and you can tell from the phrasing of the TID that
multiple sites have had this problem. Tom Kustner
Emjay Corp. - A Wells Fargo Company

Any opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Emjay or Wells
Fargo.

>>> Keith Bastin <kbastin at mindspring.com> Friday, July 21, 2000
2:23:05 PM >>>
For what it's worth we are running over 600 (compaq) servers on
NW5SP5
with Groupwise 5.5EPSP1 and have had no problems. MOST of our links
are
TCPIP. We have been running on SP5 for over 3 weeks and have had
zero
problems resulting from the migration.

The referenced TID gave us some concern but we had already taken the
plunge before that TID was released. So far we've seen no evidence of
the
described problems.

Tom Kustner wrote:

> There most certainly are issues with NW50SP5 (and NW51SP1).  See
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/tidfinder.cgi?2957133 for
> details on the former.
>
> See especially the enclosed excerpt from the TID, especially the
LAST