[ngw] 2 domains, 1 GWIA?

Mick Davey mick at bsi.org.uk
Tue Jul 25 13:22:07 UTC 2000

Yes, you need your ISP to handle the MX record. You also need to add the
domain name to the foreign name field for the GWIA to accept messages
for the new domain (space between each entry).

What version of GW are you using? It's easier to do what you want under
5.5 but what you suggest will work.

Mick.

>>> maryve1 at starpower.net 25/07/00 12:49:46 >>>
What's GAIA and GO?

Was that "GWIA" instead of "GAIA"? If so, where would I create an MX
record
(in the HOSTS file? on BM server and GWIA server?)

Was that "PO" instead of "GO"? I assume that would be their gateway
alias.

How about this:
Have our ISP add an MX record that points to the public IP address of
our
mail server.
For each user, add a gateway alias with the additional domain name.
Does the GWIA itself need to know about the additional domain name? Or,
is
the MX record and alias enough?

Mary

At 7/24/00 05:10 PM, Ted Christopher wrote:
>You should be able to create an MX record in the GAIA, and put their
>domain name in their GO alias.

>I've just been asked by my VP if  a new, but small group (4-6 people)
would
>be able to have their own domain for email. Can GroupWise be set up
>accept both domains?  Could it be done with one GWIA or do I need to
>install another GWIA for the 2nd domain?  Would it require a separate
PO?

>Mary Van Engelen
>Network Manager
>CSIS

>Visit http://www.ngwlist.com for help with the list.
>Brought to you by the letter N, the letter G and the letter W!

>Visit http://www.ngwlist.com for help with the list.
>Brought to you by the letter N, the letter G and the letter W!

This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material.  This email is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.  If you receive this email
by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the
reply facility in your email software.

Thank you for your cooperation.