[ngw] Daylight Saving Time Sydney 2000

Keith Bastin kbastin at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 22 18:11:33 UTC 2000

the Win95 and WinNT clients DO check your OS timezone info (GW 5.2SP3 and after).
Appointments are stored in the database with UTC time and must be adjusted for
view by the client. This was a HUGE improvement over using the DOS SET variables
in 4.x;

POA's have a setting for local time zone {Used for instance when WebAccess
queries the box to determine the time zone for displaying for WebClients and also
used during server based rules processing)

However; with regards to the existance of documentation for Groupwise Time
Zone/DST issue related to the 2000 Olympics; I haven't seen any. You MAY want to
read through the October 1999 Appnotes article related to "fixing" Daylight
Savings Time issues in GW. It does a pretty good job of explaining DST/Time Zone
issues in GW.