[ngw] Market Info on GroupWise

James Taylor james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sat Dec 1 06:13:11 UTC 2001

Novell just released their numbers for FY2001.  Not great numbers, but
still over a $1B in revenue.  NetWare is credited with being installed
in 81% of fortune 1000's, with 90 million seats overall.

I recently did a Google lookup using "groupwise" and "market share" as
a search string.  I came up with 28 million seats, growing at close to 2
million a year.  I believe it had a 17% market share.  Notes was number
one with, I think, 38%, Exchange number two with 29%.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
Voice - 678-560-9702
Fax    - 678-560-2159
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> scott at moravec.com 11/30/01 04:58PM >>>
I am constantly getting hammered about how Novel is going out of
business and GroupWise is dying.  Can anyone point me to earnings and
market share reports from credible sources for both NetWare and
GroupWise?

You can reply offline to smoravec at winterlink.net.

Scott M. Moravec

Field Network Engineer
Winterlink, Inc. - Network Integration Department
2910 Telegraph Avenue
Berkeley, California  94705

510/665-3820
510/665-3801 (Fax)
smoravec at winterlink.net

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.