[ngw] Error: 450 Host Down

Todd Rodgers trodgers at ducks.org
Mon Dec 3 21:20:13 UTC 2001

We used to get this.  We had our GWIA NAT'ed behind our Bordermanager box.  The GWIA box only had a private address, but the bordermanager box pointed a "real" ip to it.  Called, static NAT.  The GWIA would resolve to the "real" ip, and, because of that being double NAT ( I think that is the term), it would not work.  We had to relay off of another box to get it to work.
But, I hear if you set your internal DNS up right and point the GWIA to it, it should work fine.

FWIW

_____________________________________
Todd Rodgers
CCNA, MCSE, CNA-4, Groupwise CNA-5, CCA
Manager of Network Operations
trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
901-758-3888

This message was sent using GroupWise 5.5, Superior, Collaborative, Messaging from Novell - The e-Directory people

>>> PossumJohn at SoStar.Net 12/03/01 03:12PM >>>
The only time I've seen this is when the connection to my ISP is down.

HTH!

Happy Holidays,
PJ