Help with installing service patch

Joyce Routt JOYCE at ussc.gov
Tue Dec 4 18:39:58 UTC 2001

I'm going to be putting on the SP 4 on our 5.5.2 system this weekend.  The readme file has little to no information about the steps to will need to be taken or how the SP affects the system.  I know there has been conversations about how to do this, but I couldn't locate them in the archives.  So could someone give me some tips on what happens and the best way to go about it.

Do I still have to copy the software directory to my local drive to install the patch or does it work to run it directly on the 5.0 netware server.  If I do run it on my local drive, do  I have to manually copy files to finish the install.   Finally, how can I stop the client from automatically having to update?

I really appreciate you help.

Joyce Routt
U.S. Sentencing Commission