[ngw] I am looking for a way for our Help Desk folks tobeable tochange/reset passwords without

Joe Acquisto ACQUISTJ at lan.newpaltz.edu
Tue Dec 4 20:46:23 UTC 2001

Am I the only one who has not asked for a copy?

Joe Acquisto
SUNY New Paltz
845-257-3134 (V)
845-257-6900 (F)
New Think:  In order to preserve our freedom
and liberty, we must deny it to others.

>>> SKirkby at Concentrico.net 12/03/01 11:22AM >>>

When you say "without giving them rights to the rest of the GroupWise
system", what do you mean?

A simple tool can be created that will allow you to change passwords
only, but you will need to give them rights to the GW domain directory.
If they have ConsoleONE with the GW snapins, then they will be able to
admin the entire GW system.  If they don't have snapins, then they
won't.

Alternatively, this tool could be fitted with a way to receive commands
via e-mail or a web page, and could run on a server someplace.  That
way, you wouldn't have to give the help-desk folks access to the domain
directory.

I have a copy of the simple tool, if you are interested.  Let me know.

--sk!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Sean Kirkby
Concentrico, Inc.
P: (801) 221-7606 x204
W: www.Concentrico.net
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Custom Software
Expert Solutions

>>> Brian.Wredberg at udlp.com 12/03/01 09:53AM >>>

I am looking for a way for our Help Desk folks to be able to
change/reset passwords without giving them administrative rights to the
rest of the GroupWise system.  We are using GW 6 client and server and
of course ConsoleONE.  Any Ideas?

Brian Wredberg
Sr. IT Analyst
United Defense, LP