[ngw] GW6sp1---HELP!!!!

Betty Watson tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu
Tue Dec 4 21:14:22 UTC 2001

I ran the GWIA install from a Win2k box, and it ran perfectly.  WebAccess ran from my Win98 workstation without probs.  Will the GWIA install be patched/fixed soon?

Thanks Morris, and to all who replied.

>>> mblackham at gw.novell.com 11/30/01 06:10PM >>>
GWIA has a problem with the install on a WIN95/98 box, don't know if
WebAccess is the same, you could try the install from a NT/2000 box.

Morris

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 11/30/01 04:02PM >>>
Something similar happened to me when I outsmarted myself and copied
just the GWIA and WEBACCES directories from the install media to the
SOFTWARE directory.  Apparently, they desperately need to be under an
INTERNET directory, because as soon as I moved them down a level,
everything worked.  Don't know if this helps or not.

Holly Newman
Network Services Manager
Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates
707-547-4742

>>> tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu 11/30/01 02:51PM >>>
Hello,

I've applied sp1 to my test gw6 system, and all went well except for
the gateway updates.  I blew away , and reinstalled, the WebAccess
object and directory structure at least 5 times before I could get
past
the WebAccess language selection webpage.  Now, the Install.exe  file
blows up with a GPF in Kernel32.dll and will not run no matter which
workstation I choose.  The file is dated 10/25/2001.   I  click on
INSTALL.EXE, the license agreement page comes up and I click YES, then

the red splat appears.

This system had previously been upgraded from 5.5 EPsp2 to GW6, and
this went extremely well---no probs.  But this SP1 to GW6 has been a
royal pain, as far as the gateways are concerned.

I haven't found anything in the Novell KB on this.  What am I missing
here?

TIA
Betty Watson
Groupwise Admin
Tidewater Community College

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.