[ngw] GW6sp1---HELP!!!!

Gus Gelpi gusgelpi at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 13:40:46 UTC 2001

 I'm not running SP1 because I haven't seen the value of using it.
Gus
  Betty Watson <tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu> wrote: This is only a test system, so I guess we'll fight with it a bit. We were planning on upgrading our 5.5EPsp2 system to GW6sp1 over the holidays, but we may decide to upgrade to 6.0 and wait for SP2.

>>> smadrit at salans.com 12/04/01 03:07PM >>>
Just reinstall the agents and anything else from your original GW 6 CD... and
if it asks overwrite the newer nlm's that are on the system.

>>> "tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu" 12/04/01 11:49AM >>>
How does one roll back a system to 6.0 ?

>>> smadrit at salans.com 12/03/01 03:13PM >>>
Roll back to 6.0 with out the service packs. Sp1 has been nothing but a pain.
We received some files from Novell to fix the GWIA issues, but it created new
issues in the POA. We finally gave up trying to "fix" it and rolled back to
6.0 and it's working fine again. I bet GW6 sp1a or b are just a few weeks
away from release, I hope....

Slava Madrit
Global Network Manager
Salans Hertzfeld & Heilbronn
smadrit at salans.com 212.632.8311

>>> "tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu" 11/30/01 05:54PM >>>
Hello,

I've applied sp1 to my test gw6 system, and all went well except for the
gateway updates. I blew away , and reinstalled, the WebAccess object and
directory structure at least 5 times before I could get past the WebAccess
language selection webpage. Now, the Install.exe file blows up with a GPF in
Kernel32.dll and will not run no matter which workstation I choose. The file
is dated 10/25/2001. I click on INSTALL.EXE, the license agreement page
comes up and I click YES, then the red splat appears.

This system had previously been upgraded from 5.5 EPsp2 to GW6, and this went
extremely well---no probs. But this SP1 to GW6 has been a royal pain, as far
as the gateways are concerned.

I haven't found anything in the Novell KB on this. What am I missing here?

TIA
Betty Watson
Groupwise Admin
Tidewater Community College

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML development
needs and product information.

this transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or by
telephone (212-632-5500) and delete and destroy all copies of the material,
including all copies stored in the recipient's computer, printed or saved to
disk.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML development
needs and product information.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML development
needs and product information.

this transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or by
telephone (212-632-5500) and delete and destroy all copies of the material,
including all copies stored in the recipient's computer, printed or saved to
disk.

Smile, It makes you more attractive.

"The weather is here wish you were beautiful."

-Jimmy Buffett(or was it Warren?)