[ngw] Undeliverables

Slava Madrit smadrit at salans.com
Thu Dec 6 15:44:23 UTC 2001

I haven't tried it yet, but after the hoops we had to jump through to get the
system back to normal, not to mention the nasty users, I think I will let some
one else take the plunge with this one until I know it's working without any
issues... Slava Madrit
Global Network Manager
Salans Hertzfeld & Heilbronn
smadrit at salans.com 212.632.8311

>>> "mblackham at gw.novell.com" 12/06/01 10:30AM >>>
Sorry, been gone for a couple days.  There is a GWIA FTF available as of
yesterday.  See

http://support.novell.com/servlet/tidfinder/2960885 BTW, the Undeliverable thing is not fixed as it is working as designed.
 The bad or mistyped addresses are denied at the daeomon level and the
Postmaster will not be notified.

Morris

>>> tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu 12/06/01 08:09AM >>>
Any clues as to when the sp1 GWIA will be fixed?  Morris....? Anybody...?

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 12/05/01 05:11PM >>>
Hm, that doesn't help much because I (and others) can't get SP1 to stay
up without abending the server into an ugly death.  I'm not the only one
that back-rev'd to pre-SP1 because the GWIA is broken...

>>> tvissoc at scitexdpi.com 12/05/01 01:56PM >>>
A prob fixed in SP1.

>>> heather_milne at homestake.com.au 12/04/01 04:26AM >>>
I have a feeling I am missing something very obvious but
nonetheless...
ever since I upgraded to GWIA 6 I no longer receive any undeliverable
messages.  I have set the messages to deliver to postmaster and I have
checked I still have a postmaster set.....

but it just isn't happening anymore....I do get some messages labelled
'Bad Message' but no normal undeliverables

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML development
needs and product information.

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or by
telephone (212-632-5500) and delete and destroy all copies of the material,
including all copies stored in the recipient's computer, printed or saved to
disk.