[ngw] "user not on PO" when send to internet addr

Peter Van Lone peter.vanlone at mbtmadison.com
Thu Dec 6 15:51:05 UTC 2001

Betty --

actually it does not appear to be the GWIA -- messages that get to the gwia
(in or out) seem to be fine, and I am getting appropriate undeliverable
noti's.

In this case I can see on the POA console -- the POA rejects the message and
generates the error. The messages never get to the GWIA. And it has been
weird -- some addr go, some not. And ther does not seem to be a correlation
to destination domains or even .com, .edu, etc .... Just some get to GWIA
and some do not.

We have inet addr turned on (has been since 5.5)> I just did a rebuild of
the PO and now it is working. Excpet it worked for a while yesterday, too.
So I'm hoping now that the re-build did it ro I'm not sure where to go from
here.

pvl