[ngw] GW6sp1---HELP!!!!

Tony Vissoc tvissoc at scitexdpi.com
Thu Dec 6 16:31:22 UTC 2001

Run your GWIA under a secondary domain.  I had many, many problems until
I broke down and did it.

>>> John.Whitehorn at nottingham.ac.uk 12/06/01 01:43AM >>>
I've had that on, ever since 6.0, unlike 5.5EP (my starting point for a
production system) when ever the GWIA and Domain lose contact  (I use
different boxes) it no longer restarts the GWIA upon the connection
being re-established, which is a real problem when your GWIA shifts
50,000 messages a day.

   John

John Whitehorn
Academic Computing Services
Information Services Directorate
The University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham
NG7 2RD

>>> meaou at ufl.edu 05/12/2001 22:19:47 >>>
I installed SP1 last Friday (11/30/01) and have been stable ever since.

My GWIA was doing that trick where it would no longer show up on the
console, still show loaded in modules, and not process mail.  I could
just type GWIA and it would work for a little while longer.  Then same
behavior.

Knock on wood, things are still working.

Oh, and my scheduled cleanup items are working again.

Sommer Sharp, Postmaster
Systems Programmer
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Florida
352-392-4700

>>> tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu 12/05/01 04:17PM >>>
Does anyone else see any value in running SP1?

>>> gusgelpi at yahoo.com 12/05/01 08:40AM >>>

 I'm not running SP1 because I haven't seen the value of using it.
Gus

 Betty Watson <tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu> wrote: This is only a test
system,
so I guess we'll fight with it a bit. We were planning on upgrading
our
5.5EPsp2 system to GW6sp1 over the holidays, but we may decide to
upgrade to 6.0 and wait for SP2.

>>> smadrit at salans.com 12/04/01 03:07PM >>>
Just reinstall the agents and anything else from your original GW 6
CD... and
if it asks overwrite the newer nlm's that are on the system.

>>> "tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu" 12/04/01 11:49AM >>>
How does one roll back a system to 6.0 ?

>>> smadrit at salans.com 12/03/01 03:13PM >>>
Roll back to 6.0 with out the service packs. Sp1 has been nothing but
pain.
We received some files from Novell to fix the GWIA issues, but it
created new
issues in the POA. We finally gave up trying to "fix" it and rolled
back to
6.0 and it's working fine again. I bet GW6 sp1a or b are just a few
weeks
away from release, I hope....

Slava Madrit
Global Network Manager
Salans Hertzfeld & Heilbronn
smadrit at salans.com 212.632.8311

>>> "tcwatsb at tcc.vccs.edu" 11/30/01 05:54PM >>>
Hello,

I've applied sp1 to my test gw6 system, and all went well except for
the
gateway updates. I blew away , and reinstalled, the WebAccess object
and
directory structure at least 5 times before I could get past the
WebAccess
language selection webpage. Now, the Install.exe file blows up with a
GPF in
Kernel32.dll and will not run no matter which workstation I choose.
The
file
is dated 10/25/2001. I click on INSTALL.EXE, the license agreement
page
comes up and I click YES, then the red splat appears.

This system had previously been upgraded from 5.5 EPsp2 to GW6, and
this went
extremely well---no probs. But this SP1 to GW6 has been a royal pain,
as far
as the gateways are concerned.

I haven't found anything in the Novell KB on this. What am I missing
here?

TIA
Betty Watson
Groupwise Admin
Tidewater Community College

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development
needs and product information.

material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or
received
this transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail
or by
telephone (212-632-5500) and delete and destroy all copies of the
material,
including all copies stored in the recipient's computer, printed or
saved to
disk.

[...]

Smile, It makes you more attractive.

"The weather is here wish you were beautiful."

-Jimmy Buffett(or was it Warren?)