[ngw] GWAVA vs MTAsieve

Charles Nguyen-Huu Charlesn at groupwisesolutions.com
Thu Dec 6 16:42:07 UTC 2001

Nope... GWAVA (formely known as MTAsieve) offers true protection at the MTA level, which Netshield does not. In fact it recommended that both GWAVA and an AV solution such as Netshield work together. Check out the whitepaper at www.groupwisesolutions.com.

Charles Nguyen-Huu

>>> DRodriguez at counciltravel.com 12/06/01 10:41A >>>
We just bought Netshield v4.5 as well as epolicy orchestrator. Is netshiels the same as MTAsieve?

 Douglas Rodriguez
Technical Support @ CT

>>> BobMarques at don.com 12/06/01 10:27AM >>>
I have had MTASieve for about 3 months (?)
Netshield 4.5
NW411 SP6a

It has blocked over 300 "goner.scr" and "hahahasexyfun...*
since December 1st.

Best money I spent ! Super easy to setup, I encountered
no install problems.

Can't comment on GWAVA.
Good Luck

Bob

>>> Kpeters at waukesha.tec.wi.us 12/06/01 08:38AM >>>
Has anyone tried the new GWAVA (anti-virus nlm) yet?  It looks really cool, but is awfully costly.
I am implementing a test of MTA sieve which looks like it does the same thing for a lot less money.
Any feedback would be appreciated.  I do realize that with either product, I must realize another AV product.  I currently use McAfee Total Defense.
Thanks,
Kathy