[ngw] GroupWise 6 Upgrade Guide

E-Mail Administrator EMAIL at co.pierce.wa.us
Thu Dec 6 22:42:05 UTC 2001

Ok, I'm sold.

Thanks for the feedback.

Rochelle

>>> Kpeters at waukesha.tec.wi.us 12/6/2001 2:09:58 pm >>>
Hi,
I've purchased the book.
There is no comparison to the documentation.  If you follow all the steps, the upgrade can be done with one eye closed and one hand tied behind your back.  I didn't even ask permission to buy it.  Put it on my own credit card and then submitted an expense report for reimbursement.
It's easier to ask forgiveness, than get permission.
Kthy

>>> Garrick at handmade.co.uk 12/06/01 03:47PM >>>

Hi,

I don't want to start a band wagon, but for goodness sake, buy the book!  The amount of time that you will waste ( I assume that you cost your employer more than $5.00 an hour ) falling into the many traps that are NOT mentioned by Novell make the buy decision a NO BRAINER!!!

Garrick

This message was sent using GroupWise 6, Superior, Collaborative, Messaging from Novell - The e-Directory people.

Off the cuff:
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better, idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

>>> Simon.Shilton at hepworth-acoustics.co.uk 06/12/2001 21:25:10 >>>
I'll back this up, really useful.

I ran into a problem with my domain db not updating properly first time
and the guide helped keep me in control, for that it was priceless.

it's real world, easy reading, most definietely unlike the docs.

I was so impressed I just got the DMS guide :-)

Simon

>>> Charlesn at groupwisesolutions.com 12/06/01 20:39 PM >>>
The GW6 Upgrade Guide describes the upgrade process step-by-step and
covers much more as these facts were collected from actual installation
experiences. Definitely a "two-thumbs up".

Charles Nguyen-Huu

>>> EMAIL at co.pierce.wa.us 12/06/01 02:50P >>>
Danita,

Can you give me an idea of what the benefit is of purchasing your
GroupWise 6 Upgrade Guide versus the GroupWise 6 documentation Novell
has provided via their web site?  Just need something to justify the
cost to my manager.  I am interested in the documentation on using
WebAccess 6 against 5.5x POAs.  Is there anything else in your
documentation that I won't find in Novell's documentation?

Thanks,

Rochelle A. Adsitt
Pierce County Information Services

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.