[ngw] GroupWise 6 Upgrade Guide

Bert Sinclair BSinclair at rmin.riss.net
Fri Dec 7 16:21:33 UTC 2001

We are currently using your Upgrade Guide, so far great! But, under "Extend The NDS Schema for GroupWise 6" paragraph 2. We were not sure if we had to install ConsoleOne at that step. Also, paragraph 5. We followed the prompts, but it would help to explained in detail that step. Other than those two, it is worth its price!!!!!
Thank you!!!

>>> EMAIL at co.pierce.wa.us 12/06/01 04:55PM >>>
With all the raving reviews, how could I resist?

I liked the one about being able to "upgrade with one eye closed and one hand tied behind your back".  Anything that saves me and my colleagues time is an easy sell for me.

Thanks, Rochelle

>>> danita at caledonia.net 12/6/2001 3:48:33 pm >>>
Well, heck - with all of this praise, I'm not sure what else to tell you
<g>.

We tried to cover all of the bases on the "gotchas" - we rarely use the
wizard to do an upgrade, and there is no documentation for that
elsewhere that I'm aware of.  We tried to tell you how to get the "best"
out of your upgrade - for example, using the POA HTTP Monitor to easily
see which clients were upgraded, etc.  And as Simon mentioned, we have
sections on "what went wrong" to help you through common problems that
we've seen, and how to fix them before you panic.  I think it's worth it
<g> - but of course, I'm extremely biased!!!

Danita

>>> EMAIL at co.pierce.wa.us 12/6/2001 12:50:05 PM >>>
Danita,

Can you give me an idea of what the benefit is of purchasing your
GroupWise 6 Upgrade Guide versus the GroupWise 6 documentation Novell
has provided via their web site?  Just need something to justify the
cost to my manager.  I am interested in the documentation on using
WebAccess 6 against 5.5x POAs.  Is there anything else in your
documentation that I won't find in Novell's documentation?

Thanks,

Rochelle A. Adsitt
Pierce County Information Services

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.