[ngw] GW6 or GW6 SP1

Holly Newman Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 10 17:55:08 UTC 2001

Strictly anecdotal from this list.  Don't know if the reporting party has filed an incident with Novell or not.

>>> mblackham at gw.novell.com 12/10/01 09:49AM >>>
Don't know who reported problems with the SP1 GWIA patch and the POA,
but it's not something we are aware of.

Morris

>>> jacksonm at cna.org 12/10/01 10:40AM >>>
Greetings,

Although I have been following the posts on the GWIA abend issue, I am
still uncertain what upgrade version we should apply. My understanding
is GW6 with no SP lacks features but does cause abends. SP1 will cause
GWIA abends. The beta patch for GWIA will fix the abend problem but in
turn introduce POA abends.

We will be upgrading GW 5.5.4 on a NW 5.1 SP2a single server this
weekend. Does this config sound reasonably?  Someone mentioned not
having any issues with GWIA SP1 on NW 5.1 SP3. Someone also mentioned
running the GWIA under a secondary domain? Are both of these actions
necessary?

Thanks kindly,
Monica Jackson
The CNA Corp.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.