[ngw] GWIA Domain xfer failing

Laurie Baker bakerlj at dhfs.state.wi.us
Mon Dec 10 19:14:47 UTC 2001

What bugs? I am just moving all my Gwise to NW51 servers at SP1.

>>> G.Ross at ccw.gov.uk 12/10/01 01:05PM >>>
First off, upgrade the NW51 boxes to either SP2 or SP3. There are bugs
in SP1 which affects Gwise.

Secondly, I'd then re-build the secondary domain which houses the
GWIA.

If you're  still getting problems after that, I'd look to restore the
GWIA dir from a backup prior to the crash, or delete and re-create the
GWIA.

GTG

Gordon Ross,
Network Manager,
Countryside Council for Wales

>>> bgibb at westerlyhospital.org 12/10/01 06:04pm >>>
My system is configured with the GWIA in a secondary domain, which
transfers mail over to the PO's in the primary domain.  Recently (after
an abend) I have started getting an alarming number of corrupt messages
that cause the domain mta to fail to transfer the mail.  After running
for over a year with no problems, I have had to manually move 13
messages since 12-3.

The system is GW 5.2.5, with the GWIA running on a 5.1 server, and the
main PO on a 4.11 server, with a second PO on another 5.1 server.  The
5.1 servers are at SP 1 & SP3 (on the GWIA box), and the 4.11 is at SP9.

Is there any 'quick fix' for this type of problem?

Thanks
Brian H. Gibb
Manager, Network & Communication Systems.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.