[ngw] GroupWise 6 Upgrade Guide

Frank Bulk Bulkf at dordt.edu
Tue Dec 11 14:54:25 UTC 2001

Hey, let's not totally lambast the Novell documentation team.  We want them to have some shred of self-respect!

Maybe the difference between Novell's writers and Danita is that Danita has a passion for GroupWise and works with it on a day-to-day basis.  I am sure that for the documentation people that GW is "just another Novell product" and they don't use it daily.

Regards,

Frank

>>> ACQUISTJ at lan.newpaltz.edu Monday, December 10, 2001 9:17:41 AM >>>
I've not read the guide. It is on order.

But. . . since this has remained a serious discussion . . .

I can say I have always found Novell docs to be err . . . "factual",
but lacking something. Kind of like walking into a car dealership to
pick up your new car and finding a garage with lots of parts laying
around and a large shop manual at your disposal.

Or, maybe more like the instuctions that come with those "some assembly
required" outbook grills and kids toys.

Joe Acquisto
SUNY New Paltz
845-257-3134 (V)
845-257-6900 (F)
Is a Patriot one who acts in fear to preserve his Country?
Or one who acts, at risk, to extend his ideals to all?

>>> "Tony Vissoc" < tvissoc at scitexdpi.com > 12/10/01 09:40AM >>>
I guess the real difference is that the Novell documentation will
almost
always only show the "Novell supported" way to do things. Danita's
docs
will show what can/will/might/could also work, though not supported.

>>> rabliss at novell.com 12/07/01 04:55PM >>>
So my question is should I just hire Danita to do all of the GroupWise
documentation and brochures for GroupWise Marketing?

Richard A. Bliss
Manager, Product Marketing
Collaboration
Novell, Inc. Leading Provider of Net Services Software

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.