[ngw] Backup Software

Todd Rodgers trodgers at ducks.org
Tue Dec 11 15:59:03 UTC 2001

Nope.
Unload works just fine.

_____________________________________
Todd Rodgers
CCNA, MCSE, CNA-4, Groupwise CNA-5, CCA
Manager of Network Operations
trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
901-758-3888

This message was sent using GroupWise 5.5, Superior, Collaborative, Messaging from Novell - The e-Directory people

>>> ACQUISTJ at lan.newpaltz.edu 12/11/01 09:53AM >>>
You just unload them, you do not use "stuffkey.nlm" to feed them
keystrokes?

Joe Acquisto
SUNY New Paltz
845-257-3134 (V)
845-257-6900 (F)
Is a Patriot one who acts in fear to preserve his Country?
Or one who acts, at risk,  to extend his ideals to all?

>>> "Todd Rodgers" <trodgers at ducks.org> 12/11/01 10:14AM >>>
We are using Veritas Backupexec with wonderful results.  We use a cron
job to shut down the POA agents during backup and then to restart the
agents after backup.

Has "saved my bacon" countless times....

FWIW
Todd

>>> BobMarques at don.com 12/11/01 09:12AM >>>
Looking for info on what backup software seems to be
"the best" for Novell 5.x and GroupWise 5.x combinations.

What have you experienced ? Arcserve 7 ., Backup Exec or
some other option ?

I've been using Arcserve for 5 years and this latest version
is not that great. Support has been terrible. 24hrs+ for a return
call.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.