[ngw] Script for mass creation/deletionofGroupWiseaccounts?

Monica Jackson jacksonm at cna.org
Tue Dec 11 17:38:31 UTC 2001

Greetings,

GW6 Import/Export Utility for C1 is became available on Dec. 4th. The download file is 10 MB. Search for gwport32.exe or TID 2960897.

Monica Jackson
The CNA Corp.

>>> james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com 12/11/01 07:49AM >>>
Any eDirectory object and attribute that can be mapped to LDAP can be
created/modified/deleted by bulkload or ICE.  I've tested ICE by
creating up to 10,000 accounts, including the GW attributes. The only
attributes that I haven't been able to affect are nicknames, aliases and
GW passwords.  The passwords are the most problematic if you want to use
pop, imap or WA.  However, you can add GW passwords with the GW
import/export utility in NWADMIN.  This feature doesn't seem to be in C1
so far.

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
Voice - 678-560-9702
Fax    - 678-560-2159
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com
>>> G.Ross at ccw.gov.uk 12/11/01 03:27 AM >>>
But ICE and bulkload don't support GroupWise.....

GTG

>>> james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com 10/12/2001 21:27:16 >>>
If you're running eDirectory, the ICE utility in C1 works extremely
well.  You can add/delete/modify with a lot of granularity very
quickly.
 Also, bullkload.nlm also works from a command line on the server, but
it doesn't support LDUP, so execution is much slower.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
Voice - 678-560-9702
Fax    - 678-560-2159
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Roger.Gill at maf.govt.nz 12/10/01 04:08PM >>>
Does anyone know of a script that can be used for the mass
creation/deletion of GroupWise account in the sam manner that uimport
is
used for creating NetWare account?

many thanks in advance.

Roger Gill, CNE MCSE
LAN Administrator
gen-i Ltd

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.