[ngw] Backup Software

Gus Gelpi gusgelpi at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 20:53:18 UTC 2001

 Good to know.  I'm paranoid, which is a good thing since everyone is out to get me, ...right...; so I use stuffkey.  But I'm glad to hear that forcing down the nlm doesn't currupt the database files.  I am assuming your comments mean you've successfully restored several times.
  Todd Rodgers <trodgers at ducks.org> wrote: Well, all I can say is.....works here!NW 5.1 .... P.S.. ...I am a "veteran admin" too...  _____________________________________
Todd Rodgers
CCNA, MCSE, CNA-4, Groupwise CNA-5, CCA
Manager of Network Operations
trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
901-758-3888 This message was sent using GroupWise 5.5, Superior, Collaborative, Messaging from Novell - The e-Directory people

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 12/11/01 11:00AM >>>
UNLOAD seriously broke the older versions, particularly 4.x.  It didn't start working until sometime in the 5.x series.  There are many veteran admins out there who are still scared of using UNLOAD ;-)

Holly Newman
Network Services Manager
Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates
707-547-4742

>>> trodgers at ducks.org 12/11/01 07:59AM >>>
Nope.
Unload works just fine.

_____________________________________
trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
901-758-3888

This message was sent using GroupWise 5.5, Superior, Collaborative, Messaging from Novell - The e-Directory people

>>> ACQUISTJ at lan.newpaltz.edu 12/11/01 09:53AM >>>
You just unload them, you do not use "stuffkey.nlm" to feed them
keystrokes?

Joe Acquisto
SUNY New Paltz
845-257-3134 (V)
845-257-6900 (F)
Is a Patriot one who acts in fear to preserve his Country?
Or one who acts, at risk,  to extend his ideals to all?

>>> "Todd Rodgers" <trodgers at ducks.org> 12/11/01 10:14AM >>>
We are using Veritas Backupexec with wonderful results.  We use a cron
job to shut down the POA agents during backup and then to restart the
agents after backup.

Has "saved my bacon" countless times....

FWIW
Todd

>>> BobMarques at don.com 12/11/01 09:12AM >>>
Looking for info on what backup software seems to be
"the best" for Novell 5.x and GroupWise 5.x combinations.

What have you experienced ? Arcserve 7 ., Backup Exec or
some other option ?

I've been using Arcserve for 5 years and this latest version
is not that great. Support has been terrible. 24hrs+ for a return
call.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.

Smile, It makes you more attractive.

"The weather is here wish you were beautiful."

-Jimmy Buffett(or was it Warren?)