[ngw] Backup Software

Dana Harrington harrinda at mctc.mnscu.edu
Wed Dec 12 01:08:03 UTC 2001

Todd,

I also use BE 8.x - but am a former longtime Arcserve user.

How long are you down for the backup?

Don't the users have a problem with this?

Also, how do you know exactly when to reload the agents, or do you just " tune" this as time goes on?

Thanks

Dana

>>> "Todd Rodgers" <trodgers at ducks.org> 12/11/01 09:14AM >>>
We are using Veritas Backupexec with wonderful results.  We use a cron job to shut down the POA agents during backup and then to restart the agents after backup.

Has "saved my bacon" countless times....

FWIW
Todd

>>> BobMarques at don.com 12/11/01 09:12AM >>>
Looking for info on what backup software seems to be
"the best" for Novell 5.x and GroupWise 5.x combinations.

What have you experienced ? Arcserve 7 ., Backup Exec or
some other option ?

I've been using Arcserve for 5 years and this latest version
is not that great. Support has been terrible. 24hrs+ for a return call.

Thanks for your help.

Bob