[ngw] Lock the trash on a single user?

Hieu Cao HieuC at grahamwebb.com
Wed Dec 12 21:36:05 UTC 2001

I am sure that Guinevere can and will forward incoming  email to another email account.

1. You can try using Groupwise View, highlight the user, and right click to select Client options.  I've not tried it so I dont' know if it does work or not.

2.  I am sure if option 2 is possible.  Perhaps, someone out-there would know.

3.  Under the GWIA, try creating a new class of service or edit it to include the restricted user from sending/receiving SMTP email.  I think by restricting SMTP email, she would only be able to send and receive internal emails between Teachers and Student domains. ...I've not tried it either.  If it works for you, please post back.

>>> elanyon at rfi.com 12/12/01 01:13PM >>>
I think you can forward all email to another account in Guinevere (never tried it, though I thought I saw the option).

>>> rmoletti at ops.org 12/12/01 12:58PM >>>
Just had a meeting with a student's parents who need to see all mail sent/received by their daughter.  I know a rule can be set to send a copy sent and/or received to the parent's email account, but she might figure that out and delete it.

1. They are currently monitoring the email account by logging in via WebAccess.  The daughter has learned to purge the trash.  Question - Can I lock her trash and only her trash to prevent purging?

2. If no, on #1, their next request is to restrict the sending of email from that account to only the STAFF post office - the student sits in the STUDENT postoffice, Possible?

3. We currently, at parent request, have GWIA blocking email to/from GW to/from the internet - can I do this from the daughter account to a restricted number of accounts on the teacher post office?  These would be her current teachers.

Rich Molettiere
Technology Coordinator
Omaha North High School
"Turf belongs on golf courses, not in schools"