[ngw] Backup Software

Beverly Berard bjberard at co.anoka.mn.us
Thu Dec 13 14:08:30 UTC 2001

We use BE 8.5 set to back up open files with a lock and St. Bernard's Open File Manager.   I've restored many times to a test system and moved poas to new servers.

>>> harrinda at mctc.mnscu.edu 12/12/01 10:21PM >>>
With BE 8.x, you need to configure the job to tell it to back up open files and there are a couple of options you can experiment with to see what works.

If I remember, I have it set to back up open files with a lock.

I get a warning that the file was backed up in use, but it does get backed up.

Thanks

Dana