[ngw] Backup Software

Todd Rodgers trodgers at ducks.org
Thu Dec 13 15:10:26 UTC 2001

offiles
ofuser
ofmsg
wpdomain.*
wphost.*

and any document management stuff if you use it.

You can exclude wpcsin, wpcsout, mslocal .  You can also exclude wpgate directories (in my opinion) b/c you would have to rebuild those anyway in the event of a system failure.
Make sure you grab the files from the sys:\system (gwia.cfg and the startup files)....

>>> G.Ross at ccw.gov.uk 12/13/01 09:06AM >>>
Pretty much everything in the post office/domain directory. If any of
those files goes, you're stuffed. (Althogh you might be able to get away
without backing up the index files, but don't quote me on that...)

GTG

>>> Brandon at kmsd.edu 13/12/2001 14:57:13 >>>
I like the idea of copy files to a separate directory and then bringing
the PO back up to provide the least amount of downtime during nightly
backups.  However, it is taking a considerable amount of time to copy
the entire directory structure.  My question is what are the critical
files/directories that should be copied so I do not have to duplicate
the entire structure?

Brandon Kostolni
Network Manager
Kettle Moraine Schools

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.