[ngw] ArcServe

Bob Fiero bfiero at cl-law.com
Fri Dec 14 16:58:33 UTC 2001

Just in case this is what is happening...is it only Groupwise data you are backing up to this drive? GW data is already compressed.

>>> BSinclair at rmin.riss.net 12/14/01 10:01AM >>>
BOY! I sure could use your help, Chris. For Eight months, they (CAI) and I can't understand why our job can't compress. We have a Compaq DL380 server with a AIT Tape drive. Using AIT 35/70 tapes, this system is new (8 months old). The NOS is NetWare 5.1 sp2a. We had Compaq switch out the tape drive, done about everything CAI asked us to do! We still can't compress data beyond 34gs! Any ideas, we would be grateful to you!!!!

Thank you, very much.

Web Site: http://www.cl-law.com
---

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail transmission (and/or the
attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information,
belonging to the sender, which is protected by the attorney-client
privilege. The information is only for the use of the intended
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of any
information in this transmission, or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this transmission, is strictly prohibited.
Any unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal under
the law. If you have received this transmission in error, please
promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all
copies of this transmission. Thank you.