[ngw] GWIA blocking

Holly Newman Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 17 23:09:12 UTC 2001

OK, so back to the original question: I have prodigy.net.mx blocked in my GWIA Access Control, but mail is still getting through.  What am I doing wrong?  (GWIA 6 pre-SP1)

>>> elanyon at rfi.com 12/17/01 02:53PM >>>
Blocking a domain work in 5.5.4.1 but blocking a specific account (ie spammer at spam.com) does not work.  In theory it does, but it never would for me.

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 12/17/01 02:43PM >>>
But if I block the prodigy.net.mx domain at the GWIA, shouldn't it stop the mail regardless of the user ID?

>>> maryve1 at starpower.net 12/17/01 02:32PM >>>
That may be a null character in there.
This same group was hounding our webmaster account.  But, I did the
blocking at Webshield instead of GWIA.  We weren't getting the "I ", just
the null character.

Mary