[ngw] GWIA blocking

Eric Toll etoll at syracusesupply.com
Tue Dec 18 13:31:50 UTC 2001

Did you restart the GWIA after making that change?

Are you looking at the FROM Address rather than the server name who is
actually making the connection to your server?

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 12/17/01 06:09PM >>>
OK, so back to the original question: I have prodigy.net.mx blocked in
my GWIA Access Control, but mail is still getting through.  What am I
doing wrong?  (GWIA 6 pre-SP1)

>>> elanyon at rfi.com 12/17/01 02:53PM >>>
Blocking a domain work in 5.5.4.1 but blocking a specific account (ie
spammer at spam.com) does not work.  In theory it does, but it never
would for me.

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 12/17/01 02:43PM >>>
But if I block the prodigy.net.mx domain at the GWIA, shouldn't it stop
the mail regardless of the user ID?

>>> maryve1 at starpower.net 12/17/01 02:32PM >>>
That may be a null character in there.
This same group was hounding our webmaster account.  But, I did the
blocking at Webshield instead of GWIA.  We weren't getting the "I ",
just
the null character.

Mary