[ngw] Phantom users

Roger Gill Roger.Gill at maf.govt.nz
Tue Dec 18 20:57:07 UTC 2001

Of course, can always re-create that Domain/PO on a temporary basis to add the user etc...

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 19/12/01 09:32:37 >>>
That's a fine solution, unless they are from a Domain/PO that no longer exists...

>>> trodgers at ducks.org 12/18/01 08:34AM >>>
I've had this too....
My solution to get rid of them was to recreate the exact same username in the exact same PO....then, go to the list and delete the user if it shows up.....
If not, then add the user to the list...wait for a sync...then delete the user off the list...wait for a sync....then delete the user out of the PO.

Long way around, but it works everytime.

FWIW

_____________________________________
Todd Rodgers
CCNA, MCSE, CNA-4, Groupwise CNA-5, CCA
Manager of Network Operations
trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
901-758-3888

This message was sent using GroupWise 5.5, Superior, Collaborative, Messaging from Novell - The e-Directory people

>>> bcamero at cahf.org 12/18/01 10:32AM >>>
I'm having the same problem, even though I took the phantom users OFF the distribution list before I deleted them.

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 11/13/01 08:51AM >>>
Hi all -

I just sent a message to a dist list called All, which has all users in our system.  I got back undeliverables for users that don't exist anymore, one in a domain and po that don't exist anymore.  I checked the system and they don't appear on the list.  I checked the dist list and they don't appear in the list.

There's got to be a simple answer...

Holly Newman
Network Services Manager
Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates

-----
Happy Holidays to everyone with warm wishes from CAHF Staff--
Be on the lookout for a phone call from us in the next month to touch base and make sure we're meeting your needs.