controlled QF

Sylvain Phaneuf sylvain.phaneuf at imsu.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 16:00:39 UTC 2001

Hi,

Has anyone used POA startup switches to control how QF runs?  We have a
user DB that crashes the POA each time it is indexed and Novell is
looking into it (corrupt attachment problem). While they think/work on
it, I would like keeping QF running. There is a TID that explains how to
skip a user DBs during the QF job, but nothing works... Am I doing
something wrong?

TID 10063970 says to use the POA startup switches /qfuserfidbeg=xxx and
/qfuserfidend=yyy but when I start the POA with one of those, I get an
error 8F03 which means invalid configuration option (TID 2938111).

We are using gwpoa 6.00a (which is SP1...  strange way of numbering
their SP and giving nlm version numbers...).

Has anyone tried it?

Sylvain

Sylvain Phaneuf --- Computing Manager   | phone : +44 (0)1865 221323
Information Management Services Unit   (Clinical School)
Oxford University                               | email :
sylvain.phaneuf at imsu.ox.ac.uk
Room 3A25B John Radcliffe Hospital      | fax :  +44 (0) 1865 221322
Oxford   OX3 9DU   England