[ngw] GWIA domain message size

Roger Gill Roger.Gill at maf.govt.nz
Wed Dec 19 19:27:54 UTC 2001

We have had this on our GW5.5SP4 system - fixed when deleted the GWIA object/directories and recreated...

>>> bgibb at westerlyhospital.org 20/12/01 02:09:11 >>>
Does anyone know if there is a specific limit to the size that an MTA will use to move mail around.  I am having trouble with my secondary domain (which has my GWIA) getting mail into the primary domain.  Daily, sometimes as many as 20 - 30 times, the MTA will error out on a message, and all mail stops moving in.  When that happens we find a message file larger than the others in the 4 directory (under the MSHOLD).  It seems to hang more often on a file that is over 1Meg, however, sometimes the file is as small 150K.  The majority of the files are in the 10 - 20 K range.

This just started after a crash about a week ago.  It may be a corrupt file, but, unfortunately taking the Internet mail off line for an extended period of time to work on it, is starting to become an issue.

Thanks

Brian H. Gibb
Manager, Network & Communication Systems
The Westerly Hospital
Westerly, RI

401.348.3283	voice
401.348.3670	fax