[ngw] RCONJ problem

Douglas Rodriguez DRodriguez at counciltravel.com
Thu Dec 20 17:17:15 UTC 2001

Thank you to you all.

 Douglas Rodriguez
Technical Support @ CT

>>> "Mark Nielsen" <manielse at advo.com> 12/20/01 12:07PM >>>
Well Joe Acquisto covered this after I wrote the message but you can either type the full server DNS address, server1.domain.com, or if you allow common name resolution (in other words: if you enter the server name without your domain address, it will append your domain.com after the server name almost like NDS names). I'm having troubles describing this but I think you know what I mean.

>>> DRodriguez at counciltravel.com 12/20/01 11:58AM >>>
What do you mean common name resolution?

Douglas Rodriguez
Technical Support @ CT

>>> manielse at advo.com 12/20/01 11:02AM >>>
Do you have all your servers' names entered into DNS and allow common name resolution?

Mark Nielsen
Sr. Network & Services Engineer
GroupWare Services, ADVO Inc.
manielse at advo.com

>>> DRodriguez at counciltravel.com 12/20/01 10:59AM >>>
Typing the server name into server address box.

Douglas Rodriguez
Technical Support @ CT

>>> G.Ross at ccw.gov.uk 12/20/01 10:49AM >>>
What do you mean "by computer name" ? Are you typing the server name
into the server address box, or are you clicking "Remote Servers" and
getting no list ?

GTG

>>> DRodriguez at counciltravel.com 20/12/2001 15:51:05 >>>
Does any body have an idea as why when trying to RCONJ into a server by
computer name doesn't work and when using IP address is OK?

Thank you

Douglas Rodriguez
Technical Support @ CT

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.