[ngw] AOL to GW conversion

Gus Gelpi gusgelpi at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 21:57:59 UTC 2001

 There are several converters for GroupWise, but I don't know if any will do AOL.  What are the AOL export options?  I'm offsite, but will try to dig around in the morning.  Can you sync it with a palm?  It might be tedious, but...?
  Holly Newman <Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM> wrote: I don't even care about their mail - I'm much more concerned about their address book because these are sales people for the most part. And somehow I doubt that AOL supports any open standards, let alone POP.

>>> ngwmail at yahoo.com 12/20/01 11:59AM >>>

fdisk

Seriously,
If AOL allows POP access (I don't think they do), then you can just add
their AOL account info to the groupwise client and suck all their mail
in that way.

Good luck.

Holly Newman wrote:

> We have several dozen (maybe even hundreds) users who will be cutting over from external AOL accounts to GW accounts next year. They are likely to be kicking and screaming, so I'd like to help make the transition as painless as possible. Does anybody have any instructions or utilities that will help us convert their AOL address books to GW .nabs? I have no experience with AOL, so I don't even know where to start.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Holly Newman
> Network Services Manager
> Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates
> 707-547-4742
>
> --
> Visit http://www.ngwlist.com for help with the list.
> Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML development needs and product information.

Smile, It makes you more attractive.

"The weather is here wish you were beautiful."

-Jimmy Buffett(or was it Warren?)