[ngw] Groupwise 6 GWIA setup with smtp and pop

Mark barham MBarham at hnncsb.org
Thu Dec 27 12:59:43 UTC 2001

You could setup the GWIA to use ETRN, if your ISP, or whoever is hosting your domain name and MX records, allows that.

Mark Barham, CNE
Senior Systems Engineer
Hampton-Newport News CSB
757 245-0217 X1351
mbarham at hnncsb.org

>>> greg at steadfast.ca 12/26/2001 2:23:00 PM >>>
I have a small business server running GW6, with no static IP on the internet and no public domain name on the server.  At present we are using the clients in remote mode, locally configuring each client for pop/smtp.  Is someone able to explain how to setup the GWIA to do this for me, ie; go to the internet and get the mail incoming, also send my outgoing mail.  At present if my clients are online, any outgoing internet messages are unresolved at the client and go no where.

Appreciate the assistance, thanks.  Greg