[ngw] Web Access 6.0 Login Via IP

Hieu Cao HieuC at grahamwebb.com
Mon Dec 31 18:39:08 UTC 2001

Phil,

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. I'll give a try and post
back here with the result.

Thanks again!

Hieu

>>> Phil.Henderson at betalasermike.com 12/31/01 08:19 AM >>>
Probably what you need to do is setup filter exceptions on your
BorderManager system.  Here's a TID that details the exceptions needed
for Webaccess:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10023183.htm

Have fun!

Phil

>>> HieuC at grahamwebb.com 12/30/01 08:56PM >>>
Yes. The link does show the actual IP of the Post Office.  Sorry, I
forgot to mention that the Web Access server is placed in front of
Border Manager server.  However, I CAN login to the Web Access after
changing the link to DIRECT, but this requires mapped drive connection
and user's rights to the PO..which I am trying to avoid.

I've followed Novell TID# 10054016 to enable NAT, but it didn't work
for me.

Does anyone has a Web Access server placed in front of BM 3.0 SP3 on
NW50SP6 server.  If so, please shed some light.  I think it must be a
port/route related issue, but I do not know what port does the Web
server is using or asking for.  From the Web Access log, it simply
indicate '...web server (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port - public ip) failed to
establish a connection with Groupwise Post Office (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port
- private ip).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Have a happy and great New Year!

Hieu

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 12/28/01 08:50PM >>>
Change the link to the actual IP address, rather than Follow the PO or
Client/Server to the DNS name.

>>> HieuC at grahamwebb.com 12/28/01 05:24PM >>>
Ok. After several re-install and poking around in IIS, I am able to
see
the Web Access Login Prompt....but I can't login.  It kept saying that
"the post office is not availabe, please contact your system
administrator"..

I've changed the PO link in the Details of GW Web Agent from "Follow
the PO" to "Client Server Only".

>From the Web Access server, I can ping my PO, but I can't login.  Have
anyone encountered this problem before?

Please help.

Thanks.

Hieu

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 12/28/01 01:03PM >>>
Assuming you are doing a fresh install and using this server only for
GW, you should reinstall and select 'replace the default page'.

If this doesn't work, you need to review your IIS authentication
settings.  If you are using IIS for other websites, you'll need more
help than I can give you.

>>> HieuC at grahamwebb.com 12/28/01 12:52PM >>>
I am trying to install Web Access 6.01 on a Win2K SP2 server, all
seemed
to go well, but I cannot access the main Groupwise Web Access page.

During the installation, I selected the option "No, keep the current
default page"...and when I type the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx of the Web
Access server, it prompts for login ... only to tell me that the
defautl
web page was not setup.

Can someone please help me .

Thanks.

Hieu

-

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.