[ngw] Guinevere

Ralph Lock Ralph.Lock at bsi-global.com
Wed Jan 3 20:17:50 UTC 2001

But those of us who use MimeSweeper may beg to differ....

We run it with Sophos Sweep, and use it to block viruses, movies,
executables, etc.  Rather than blocking by file extension. it analyses
the file content and uses the file header to identify the type.  It
peels open Zip files like an onion, and works very smoothly.  We have it
running on an NT box between the GWIA and the firewall, and it also
stops the problems we have seen with spam relay.

Updates are very easy, simply updating the IDEs or upgrading the
antivirus software, without going anywhere near a GroupWise server.

We have also found our support company extremely helpful and capable -
and there are lots of people out there using it who contribute to the
forums on their web site.

Regards,

Ralph Lock
GroupWise/Network Admin
British Standards Institution
+44 (0) 208 996 7867

>>> Ted.Christopher at tlc.state.tx.us 03/01/2001 17:01:15 >>>
Yes, it's the best product I'm sure everyone who uses it will agree.

http://www.indecon.com/guinevere/

>>> "Todd Rodgers" <trodgers at ducks.org> 01/03/01 10:40AM >>>
Can anyone point me to a web site to get Guinevere?  The links on the
Novell page seem to be out of date.
Is this the best product to catch Viruses coming in through GWIA as
attachments?

Thanks,
Todd Rodgers
CCNA, MCSE, CNA-4, Groupwise CNA-5, MCP, MCP+I
Manager of Network Operations
trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.

BSI's new website has been launched, and can be found at
http://www.bsi-global.com.

Please also note that BSI's e-mail address has changed to
firstname.lastname at bsi-global.com
 - so please update your address books.

This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material.  This email is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.  If you receive this email
by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the
reply facility in your email software.

Thank you for your cooperation.