[ngw] How much storage does calendar info take?

Dave Strickler Dstrickler at emailsolutions.com
Sat Jan 6 22:27:03 UTC 2001

It takes the same (give or take a few bytes) as an email message does.
GroupWise sees these as types of the same root massage format.

What you need to worry about is that in any given day, a user might get
- lets say - 100 new messages. Now if they get 100 new calendar items in
a day, they have a larger problem <g>

Conclusion
Worry about purging your email, and don't sweat the small amount of
calendar entries.

Dave Strickler
President
DWS - "The GroupWise Integration Experts"
With offices in Boston, San Francisco,
San Diego and Pensacola, and
partners in Belgium and Denmark
www.emailsolutions.com
(800) 999-5412

>>> harrinda at mctc.mnscu.edu 01/06/01 04:43PM >>>
Hi,

GW 5.5.2

Can anyone shed some light on how much storage space calendar info
takes? Is it storage-intensive, or minimal?

My thought is that calendar info takes very little space in the message
store vs. what email takes.

But I simply don't know, and need to get a handle on this for planning.

We delete email after 60 days, but need a longer period for calendars.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Dana