[ngw] Access Denied

Mark Nielsen manielse at advo.com
Tue Jan 9 17:28:10 UTC 2001

Shawn, try resetting there passwords.....

Mark Nielsen
Sr. Messaging & Network Engineer
GroupWare Services, ADVO Inc.
(860) 285-6456

>>> Shawn.Lindow at snow.edu 1/9/2001 12:06:49 PM >>>
The links are IP, in general. However, both of the clients with this symptom are POP'ing. I suppose it could be a rights issue but I don't know what they need rights to.
These are two users out of about 150 POP clients. The others are working. Even these two clients have worked for the past year. It has become a problem in just the last few weeks.
It sounds like something unique to them.
Thank you.
Shawn

>>> "Todd Rodgers" <trodgers at ducks.org> 01/09/01 10:03AM >>>
Hmm..we had a problem while dialed in.  The ISP was restricting to only send via their SMTP server.
How are the links set up ?   IP or UNC?  Is it a rights issue?

Thanks,
Todd Rodgers
CCNA, MCSE, CNA-4, Groupwise CNA-5
Manager of Network Operations
trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.

>>> Shawn.Lindow at snow.edu 01/09/01 10:58AM >>>
On the LAN.

>>> "Todd Rodgers" <trodgers at ducks.org> 01/09/01 09:47AM >>>
Dialed up or on the LAN?

trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.

>>> Shawn.Lindow at snow.edu 01/09/01 10:40AM >>>
I have a user that uses a POP client and receives mail just fine.  However, when he sends mail to addresses outside of our domain, his message returns to him with the message 'access denied'. I've used gwcheck to check his account and no problems were found.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thank you.

Shawn Lindow
Dir. Network / Communication Svcs.