Client/Server and Direct

Meg Layton mlayton at starcel.com
Wed Jan 10 21:59:00 UTC 2001

After the last question about how to look at a backup on a post office that was configured for TCP/IP connection only, I thought it might be wise to change the post office so that it was client/server and direct accessible, to solve that situation in the future.

When I did this, however, several client machines suddenly reverted to using the path instead of TCP/IP to connect, even when I went to their stations, used the @u-? and switched for a TCP/IP connection, deleting the path.  It didn't matter, the next time the machine started, it used the path again.

Any suggestions?

Meg Layton
Director, Information Technology
Starcel Communications Group, Ltd.