[ngw] Client/Server and Direct

Todd Rodgers trodgers at ducks.org
Wed Jan 10 22:00:24 UTC 2001

use the /ipa-<ipaddress>  /ipp-<port> to force IP.

Thanks,
Todd Rodgers
CCNA, MCSE, CNA-4, Groupwise CNA-5
Manager of Network Operations
trodgers at ducks.org
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.

>>> mlayton at starcel.com 01/10/01 03:59PM >>>
After the last question about how to look at a backup on a post office that was configured for TCP/IP connection only, I thought it might be wise to change the post office so that it was client/server and direct accessible, to solve that situation in the future.

When I did this, however, several client machines suddenly reverted to using the path instead of TCP/IP to connect, even when I went to their stations, used the @u-? and switched for a TCP/IP connection, deleting the path.  It didn't matter, the next time the machine started, it used the path again.

Any suggestions?

Meg Layton
Director, Information Technology
Starcel Communications Group, Ltd.