[ngw] Re: Guinevere

Laurie Baker bakerlj at dhfs.state.wi.us
Thu Jan 11 16:20:53 UTC 2001

Thanks, its a definite problem for me because we are a 24/7 operation and I understand there is no phone support for Guinevere?

>>> aaron at academy.tamu.edu 01/11/01 09:51AM >>>
The answer is that once GUIN is running properly... if it shuts down... your mail will not be processed until it is back up and running.  However, if you feel that it is going to be down for quite sometime, you can just remove "use third party directory" option in NWADMIN and drop the files into the appropriate directory for processing.  Also there are options that you can install for GUIN that will help keep it running.

Aaron

>>> bakerlj at dhfs.state.wi.us 01/11/01 09:45AM >>>
To those of you who use this (and I apologize to others for a non-GW question):

I'm getting ready to install and I find the documentation a little confusing.  Once I restart GWIA and create the directories and the .ini file, does it only move mail to the service directories IF Guinevere is running, i.e. does it process mail using the normal queues if Guinevere is not active?  I'm trying to determine if I can do the installation in stages, since I can't just restart GWIA whenever I feel like it, and whether I can just not run Guinevere until I get it fixed if it starts flagging everything as a virus.  I can't have any internet mail held up while tuning/debugging and I'm very restricted in when/how often I can restart the gateway.