[ngw] AOL 6 and attachments

Glen Johnson gjohnson at vh.cc.va.us
Fri Jan 12 16:44:50 UTC 2001

How about the V-card?  Does it count as an attachment?

>>> Mark.Puchalski at Couzens.com 01/12/01 10:47AM >>>
What do you have your message format set to on the GWIA object, under SMTP?

>>> HERSEYO at sunytccc.edu 1/12/2001 10:18:59 AM >>>
Just one attachment.

>>> Mark.Puchalski at Couzens.com 1/12/01 10:08:56 AM >>>
We've always had a problem sending to AOL users.  Are your users sending multiple attachments with each message?

Our work-around has been to send one attachment per e-mail to AOL recipients.  Those seem to get through properly.

>>> HERSEYO at sunytccc.edu 1/12/2001 9:54:45 AM >>>
I think that I have seen some items on list serve about AOL before, but I can't find any info to solve my problem (if it is solvable).

I have a GroupWise 5.5.3 system with most users running the 5.5.3 or 5.2.4 client.  I have 2 important users that need to communicate with a outside person who has an AOL account.  They can not send attachments to this person.  The attachments become part of the message and are garbled.  This apparently started in the last few weeks and may be timed with the outside user going to AOL 6.  Is there any setting that I can use on my GWIA to eliminate this problem?  OR does anyone know of fix on the AOL client side.  Thanks so much.

Olivia Hersey
Systems Administrator
Tompkins Cortland Community College

This message is a private communication.  If you are not the intended
to others.  Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying
to this message, and then delete it from your system.  Thank you.