[ngw] ArcserveIT 6.6 GWise Agent

Pete Statia statia_pete at piedmont.promina.org
Fri Jan 12 17:51:54 UTC 2001

No I don't own stock in the company :-)

>>> Statia_Pete at piedmont.promina.org 01/12/01 12:47PM >>>
1 other benefit of Open File Manage is the licencing is easier to deal with. It works on NT and Netware and the licences are transferrable between the two. We use it for to back up MS SQL, Sybase, GroupWise and Oracle databases. It has a centralized install\monitoring\configuration piece that runs on your workstation. They just release the new version 7 that works on NT\NW\W2K servers. Try it out for free before you buy any agent for Open Files. www.stbernard.com

Pete Statia
Network Engineer
Piedmont Hospital
770-956-6362

>>> manielse at advo.com 01/12/01 11:46AM >>>

I agree with Pete, go with St. Bernard. One point to note, if this server does more than GroupWise, is that ArcServe's GW Agent only will copy groupwise files and you'll need the Open File Agent for any other locked files. If you are dealing with many servers, this could get quite expensive.

Mark Nielsen
Sr. Messaging & Network Engineer
GroupWare Services, ADVO Inc.
(860) 285-6456

>>> statia_pete at piedmont.promina.org 1/12/2001 11:25:08 AM >>>
We used it in the past... Open File Manager from St Bernard is much better.

Pete Statia
Network Engineer
Piedmont Hospital
770-956-6362

>>> felix at busaff.usc.edu 01/12/01 11:07AM >>>
Hi,

Anybody here using ArcserveIT 6.6 for Netware GWise agent?

We are thinking of buying the agent for use with backing up
our GWise server.

GWise is 5.5EP, on NW4.11 SP6a. Compaq Proliant 5000.

TIA,

Felix