[ngw] AOL 6 and attachments

Robert Levasseur rlevasseur at nationallife.com
Fri Jan 12 19:12:57 UTC 2001

Could you clarify this please? I looked at our MIMETYPE.CFG and (quite frankly) was a little confused.

Rob Levasseur
Sr. Systems Analyst, CNE, MCP
National Life of Vermont
Montpelier, VT  05604
802-229-3746
FAX 802-229-9281

>>> "Olivia Hersey" <HERSEYO at sunytccc.edu> 01/12/2001 1:49:37 PM >>>
I believe that I finally tripped upon the solution.  The MIMETYPE.CFG file.  Neither MS Word or MS Excel were included.  Now the attachment stays an attachment to the AOL user.

>>> HERSEYO at sunytccc.edu 1/12/01 9:54:45 AM >>>
I think that I have seen some items on list serve about AOL before, but I can't find any info to solve my problem (if it is solvable).

I have a GroupWise 5.5.3 system with most users running the 5.5.3 or 5.2.4 client.  I have 2 important users that need to communicate with a outside person who has an AOL account.  They can not send attachments to this person.  The attachments become part of the message and are garbled.  This apparently started in the last few weeks and may be timed with the outside user going to AOL 6.  Is there any setting that I can use on my GWIA to eliminate this problem?  OR does anyone know of fix on the AOL client side.  Thanks so much.

Olivia Hersey
Systems Administrator
Tompkins Cortland Community College