[ngw] Set up for Internet

Meg Layton mlayton at starcel.com
Fri Jan 19 21:02:32 UTC 2001

This is for a different server.  What I have a problem with is in several parts:
- In GroupWise it says the address is no good and to go to the address book to resolve for any external e-mails
- In nwipcfg it says there is something wrong with the DSS configuration
- In Unicon there is nothing in the DNS to fix.

I cannot find one note that says check x y z and then it will work...

==========================
Meg Layton
Director, Information Technology
Starcel Communications Group, Ltd.
703-391-0200 x.819

>>> jsievers at jhpiego.org 01/19/01 03:58PM >>>
So it appears that DNS is configured correctly. Do you have a specific error message?
Since you are sending e-mail to the list it appears your GWIA is working.

>>> mlayton at starcel.com 19-Jan-01 2:41:37 PM >>>
Yes I can ping a host name that resolves

==========================
Meg Layton
Director, Information Technology
Starcel Communications Group, Ltd.
703-391-0200 x.819

>>> jsievers at jhpiego.org 01/19/01 02:29PM >>>
What kind of internet connection to your ISP do you have?
Can you ping other ip addresses from the 4.2 server? If you ping a host name does it resolve?
I thought the Hosts file should not have a cfg extension.

>>> mlayton at starcel.com 19-Jan-01 2:08:42 PM >>>
I am at a loss....

Any thoughts where to check is appreciated.

Situation:
4.2 server we are trying to connect a GWIA to the internet.  Are told by the ISP that the DNS is not configured properly.

Have checked resolv.cfg and hosts.cfg, both appear correct.  Unlike in 5x, we have no DNS screen in INETCFG.

Anyone who can walk me through what to check to resolve this wins everlasting gratitude!