[ngw] GW 5.5 on NT

Yannick Biloque YBiloque at europarl.eu.int
Wed Jan 24 07:13:13 UTC 2001

If you are speaking about partition, it's quite the same : one volume of +/- 1 Gb for the system part (c: drive) and at least one volume for the data. In our case we use internal disk for the system volume and use an external cabinet (fibre link) for the MTA en POAs file system.

>>> jas at dect.com 01/23/01 05:18pm >>>
Ok, striped disk sets mirrored together - I'm not sure how much drive space
is planned for this server.  That's what I typically do if I need more
capacity than single duplexed disks can get me.

I think they are planning a configuration of RAID 5 on this box.  I
typically prefer RAID 1 or RAID 1+0 (now that I know what it's called) in a
Netware environment.  I'm not as familiar with the NT environment....are the
rules any different for NT than Netware?